(Image source from: gumlet.assettype.com)
Bihar government has extended lockdown till August 16 due to the coronavirus pandemic still intact in the state. Here are the new guidelines issued by the government you must know.
On Thursday, Bihar government headed by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has took a decision to extend the lockdown in the state till August 16 considering the widespread of COVID-19.
The state home department has issued a notice saying that all the restrictions during the lockdown will remain intact in state, district, sub divisional and block headquarters and also municipal areas of the state from August 1 to August 16 to control the spread of the virus.
The state has reported 48,001 COVID-19 cases as on Thursday, June 29 and 2082 new cases were registered on Friday. The state has reported 273 deaths as of now and almost 30,000 people have recovered from the deadly coronavirus.
What all are allowed during the lockdown?
Bihar government has issued some guidelines on what is allowed and what is not during the lockdown from August 1 to 16. Take a look.
- Air and rail travel will be allowed with social distancing measures. Only flights under Vande Bharat mission will be allowed to enter the state.
- Government and private offices, banks and others will be allowed to operate with 50 percent strength.
- Restaurants will be closed, however, takeaways and home deliveries will continue.
- All hospitals and medical services will be open.
- Cabs and autos will be permitted across Bihar.
- Private vehicles will be allowed to enter the state only for permitted activities.
- Inter and Intra state transportation of goods will be allowed.
- All government vehicles and private vehicles carrying government officials will be allowed to commute without hindrance but the officials must carry ID cards.
- All essential service providers can commute from home to work and vice versa.
- All construction activities and agricultural works will be permitted.
- Curfew will remain intact and movement of people and vehicles is strictly not allowed between 10 pm to 5 am throughout the state except for medical activities.
What is not allowed during the lockdown?
As the state has given many relaxations as you can see above, it has restricted some operations too.
- Shopping malls will remain closed completely till August 16.
- All modes of public transport like metro and local buses will not operate.
- All educational institutes, schools and colleges, coaching institutes will remain closed till further notice.
- All places of worship will remain closed and no large congregations or religious gathering must take place.
- Parks, gymnasiums, amusement parks and other entertainment zones will be closed.
- Political, social, sports, entertainment, academic and cultural meetings should not be held. Auditoriums and stadiums will also remain closed.
By Gayatri Yellayi